Sunday, October 22, 2017

1 WEEK REMAINING; MESA, AZ

October 17, 2017

 Emails between mom and Elder Jensen:

MOM:  I'm assuming since you didn't write an email that today (Monday) must have been a regular day and tomorrow is your P day and temple day.   Am I right? 

EJ:   Hahahaha yeah today was the temple trip! Oh by the way they asked me to extend. What do you think?

Mom:  That's funny!   You are kidding right?

EJ:  No

Mom:  Well, now that I think about it, you MUST be kidding because I don't think you'd give up your trip to Hawaii would you?

EJ:  Hahahha jk

Mom:  You little rascal!!!!!!I'll admit you did have me going for a minute but the I thought, well, if you...want to miss out on a trip to Hawaii, we'd just go without you!  And I REALLY didn't think you'd do that.  Tho' it wouldn't surprise me if they asked you to extend because the nurse told me they sure do love you there!

EJ:  Hahahaha! It would be very hard for me to decide. I’ll write a long letter right now.

Well, as I come to the beginning of the End my heart is filled with Gratitude. I can’t believe that it’s over. I don’t think I can express how much love I have for the people here in Mesa and for all the many experiences I’ve had. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father gives us the chance to come to the earth and have the ability to act for ourselves. I’m so grateful that he gives us the opportunity to follow the savior. To truly receive Exaltation and Eternal life to come. I KNOW peace and true happiness comes as we follow his commandments and teachings. As I was sitting in the Temple today I was just thinking about my mission. And I think if I could sum up my mission in one scripture I would chose “Doubt not, Fear Not” I have had so many experiences over these last two years that have grown my testimony and also given me doubts, but I know that Faith always triumphs fear and doubt. D&C 6:22-23
“22 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.
23 Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?”
I know that Heavenly Father exists. Jesus Christ came to the earth and suffered for our sins and provided us the way to return to our Heavenly Father. Joseph Smith was a prophet. This is te church that teaches the complete gospel. We must always remember the times we have learned these truths! Never Forget!

This week we went by and talked to C_________! He said he read the Book of Mormon and felt peace and Love from Heavenly Father! But he didn’t come to church :( we taught several less actives and had an amazing lesson with Hna M_______. She’s currently going to another church but it was clear she felt the Spirit! We always got to teach some one named M_____ G, which isn’t a common name at all, haha, the restoration but at the end she rejected the Book of Mormon but wants us to come back! Love you all sorry my letters have been lame. But hey, I can just tell you guys about it in a week. Ayyy!

Elder Jordan James Jensen


Yeah I have! But it’s super hard because everyone wants us to go by but as a missionary you really don’t have time. But I got to say goodbye to Jose! And M_____ and G______ didn’t come to the fireside :/ I’m soooo ready for that weather. Right now it’s 97 and hot. Hikes! Way to go mom! Hahaha He sounds funny! I’m excited to meet him.  (Our new dog, Boo Boo Bear) Yes! I’m so excited to see Maisey! What time is the Sacrament meeting? And will you send me Robyn and Anthony’s address and email address?

Ok that’s possible! That’s not too bad! I got to give my farewell this last Sunday and it was great! The Ward gave me tons of support! 

Yeah! Sounds good. I’m down for Crown Burger! I think that will be super fun. Yeah we can do that. That’s all good I’m ok with just hanging out at the house with the fam. We can go through my pics. Sweet! You should send a picture of it!

Thanks for looking into phones and helping me get started again! Seriously couldn’t do it without you all! :) I love you mom! I know I couldn’t have done it without your help! See you in a week! :)

Elder Jensen

Adios to some very good amigos!

Adios mi amigos!

Peace out!
And it's still hot in AZ during October




No comments:

Post a Comment