Saturday, September 23, 2017

5 WEEKS REMAINING; MESA, AZ

Sept. 18, 2017

Hey Mom! Hahah yeah don't worry Sister Parker already chewed me out!
(Elder J. had some issues with his leg he had surgery on.)
But thanks for sending me money so I could get some compression socks!
:) I seriously don't want to write group emails haha so I'm just going
to tell you some stuff and you can reiterate it to the others that
want to know what's going on! Oh first things first. I am still a
student at UVU. And registration starts Nov 1. So I'm good until then!

Hahaha so my foot has never gotten swollen before, and it started to
hurt but I didn't think anything of it. Then I looked at it and I was
like "uhh... Elder Olivera. I think my foot is swollen. Hahaha!" It
wasn't too bad but it was noticeable. Hahaha then after I got my sock
everything was good. I saw President at a fireside and he also chewed
me out. Haha. Man I'm so excited to see Gus. He's awesome.

This week we taught J_____ P_____ a less active and he came with us to
the fireside! He's been to church 3 days in a row now! Also, we taught
a lady named I___ L_____, she is the daughter of a member and she
handled the restoration lesson really well! We taught A____ and E____
(Investigators) and we kneeled down and he tried saying a prayer but
he couldn't. He didn't feel worthy. But we're working with them,
little by little. We also visited M_____ R_____(husband of a member)
he got an infection in his back and has undergone some pretty crazy
surgeries. He said he didn't want to go to church because he hasn't
been devoted to god and doesn't want to be a hypocrite. I was like,
well in that sense.. we are all hypocrites! Haha. We also visited Hna
B_____. She's a less active from Puerto Rico and every Sunday she
gives us breaks fast. I love her. Haha. I felt a little disappointed
and I was thinking to myself. Why can't our investigators be
progressing more? What are we doing wrong? Why can't we have some
Investigators come to church? But I felt that just because that's what
I want to happen, isn't necessarily what God wants. We feel the spirit
and that's how we know we are successful.

There. That's for the fans. Hahaha. I know it's crazy, tomorrow I give
my farewell testimony in front of like 3 zones. I'm excited but super
nervous and I just really hope these weeks don't drag. Hahaha I was
honestly caught in tears yesterday thinking I may not ever see some of
these members again. It seriously made me sad. But such is life! Must
go on!

Yea! Happy birthday Austin! Take care mom! Love you so much! See you
soon! T minus 5 weeks....

Hahaha miracles! Hey Avery just told me he might have a really good
job opportunity speaking Spanish. I'm going to ask for more info
because he said I could be making some good money. I'll ask him if I
could study and work there, if I can't.. I'll study. Most important
thing! Love you!


Elder Jensen
Enviado desde mi iPad

These photos are courtesy of Elder Parra.  Mi marron hijo!! 




Elder Jensen and his futebol amigos!



No comments:

Post a Comment