Tuesday, December 22, 2015

WEEK 7 - FIRST WEEK IN ARIZONA

Hey family! So it's been great since I got here! The night we got here I got to go on like a little missionary night experience thing! It's been awesome! I love being a missionary! So my trainer is Elder Fenton! He's great!! He's been out for about 14 months! He's such a great missionary and he loves to work!! It's been great working with him!

So Wednesday night we were out visiting references and we ran into a couple kids named Eduardo and Kevin! I swear Hispanics are the nicest!! Hahaha I have yet to wave at a Hispanic person and have them not wave back!! They're awesome!! Hahah we had dinner with a couple of families and like I didn't understand a whole lot at all and I would kind of just sit there!! Hahaha but they understand I'm just a white kid who doesn't know Spanish!

The area we're in is central Mesa! It's super there's so much work!! We have tons of referrals from the temple!! I honestly love being a missionary! Like sometimes I'll miss home a little but then we have a great lesson and you can just feel the spirit work through you and it's the best feeling ever and I just love being a missionary! So they're so nice!! Hahaha like we were talking to a guy we found and you could tell he just wasn't having any of it! He was a hardcore Catholic! But he was so nice so he just listened to us!!

And yesterday I fasted that I could understand Spanish more!! And holy cow l just wanna testify that I know if we're doing all we can fasting and prayer definitely works! Because after fasting and praying I understood SO MUCH MORE!! It's crazy!! We found this one referral and I shared Helaman 5:12 and shared a spiritual thought about it and I felt the spirit so strong and afterwards my companion was like "hey elder Jensen, do you realize that you spoke almost perfect Spanish while you were reading that and testifying!" I know that's like a crazy missionary story but it's so real!! I love this gospel and I know that there's no where else I need to be, and I know this gospel can bless us in so many ways!

I can't wait to talk to you guys! I love you guys!!! You guys are the best family I could ever ask for and I love all of you guys!!:) tell Conner I'm out of the "Empty sea".



No comments:

Post a Comment