Saturday, December 5, 2015

Last Weeeeekkkk

This is the last week in the MTC! It's crazy how fast everything goes by! I'm so excited but I still feel like I can't speak spanish.... :} hahah but I know I'll be blessed If i keep working hard! So tuesday morning I have to go to the travel office here at 3:35 A.M. hahah and then I'm pretty sure they'll bus us over to the Airport! So my guess is that I'll be able to start talking around 5?? hahah If anyone wants to wake up that early to talk to me??? :D lol So My flight leaves at 8:35 so I think I'll have quite a bit of time to talk! But about the spanish! So I can basically get my point across but It sounds like I have bad case of gringoitis. I've been trying to pound the conjugations into my brain and So far I have Present, future, preterit (kind of) and Imperfect (kind of) they said those are like the stems of what you'll use so I decided to practice the crap outta those! There are some other conjugations that are easier that I have down too, but It's amazing how fast you can learn a language here! Like It's been a month and It's crazy that I can blabble on about something in spanish and that the native speakers can kind of understand me! OH! that's the other thing! The native speakers will always come and hangout in our class and It's awesome to just try and talk to them and they help us out a ton! I love It! So on monday we became the oldest district in our zones! Our branch president (who speaks spanish) told us that we are probably one of the best districts as far as spanish goes  that he's had in a long time! He said he's really impressed with our espanol yo!!! I'm a district leader now! hahah which doesn't mean a ton. I'm in charge of handing out mail which I guess is cool. haha no but I love being a leader and helping others!  I really feel like there's not a whole lot to write about. Everyday is basically the same.. On Thursday we got to teach someone over skype! That lived in Florida! That was awesome! It was really hard to understand her but I shared a scripture about the atonement and me and my companion bore our testimonies and the spirit was crazy strong! Even over skype! So cool! I ran into a kid from layton high! So that was cool to talk to him!

 For my little thought of the week or whatever I just want to talk about obedience! It's something that I've been thinking a lot about lately! There's a lot of rules that I don't understand why it's so important to keep like I can't chew gum in the MTC or in public in the field and even tho I don't know why It's important I have been trying to follow that rule and I have noticed I've been happier and I've been learning more and just I feel more peace! Something you hear a lot here is "STRICT OBEDIENCE" and at first I was like yeahhhh.... whatever! hahah But it is true! As I've been keeping little rules like waking up at 6:30 and not chewing gum I've been able to learn more spanish and I feel closer to god! I love It! Sorry this is totally cliche missionary but I want to share a couple sciptures with you guys!

2 nephi 33:4 It talks about nephi thinking his words are weak but the lord will make them strong to the people. hahaha if nephi thinks his words are weak then mine are... I don't even know what to compare them to lol. But I do know that I am not the teacher at all. I just have to live worthily for the holy ghost and Slap them spiritually with the holy ghost and let it do the teaching!

2 nephi 33:6 "I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell" BEST SCRIPTURE EVER haha for me!! I love it cause our gospel is made to be so simple, a lot of people like to try to make it into this deep thinking meditating process but i just try to look at it with plainness, and I do glory in jesus! I know that he has made me strong on my mission and He has saved me! and whenever I am sad and I just want to go home because I would rather watch regular show he picks me up and helps me carry on! Jesucristo es mi slavador y el es mi mejor amigo! I love you guys! I can't wait to be with you guys again but I love this work and I love everything the gospel has to offer! That's why I must serve! love you all! carrry on and pressforward:)

<3 Elder Jordan James Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment