Monday, November 7, 2016

WEEK 51 - Mesa AZ

Oct. 24, 2015

Hola Mamá y la Familia!

This week was another good one! We've been having lessons like every other day with P______ y L_____! It's so cool! They got baptized about 2 months ago and they Love the Gospel! They have a countdown for when they can get sealed! 10 months wahoooo! 

So Thursday, Thursday was the day when everything died. Hahah we had like 4 lessons that canceled and everyone wasn't interested or NOTHING! Haha it was a rough day. 

But on Sunday it was a really amazing day! None of the investigators we invited to church came:( but we just went around and met a lot of the Members! They were all sooo kind! It's just so nice to be able to connect with people and just feel the love and the Spirit so strong!:)  Then after church we went to a Trailer Park that we always go to and we were trying to talk with people but they were all Catholic, then we saw this man Arturo. We looked at him and the thoughts that went through my head was 
1) Wow he's big, and has really scary looking tattoos on his arms, and he's drinking beer, and listening to some hardcore metal, and he looks more Native American than Hispanic.
2) But think of how cool he would look in Baptismal Clothing!

The spirit Raced in my Heart as we talked with him! The Spirit was so strong as we testified of the Restored Church of Jesus Christ and edvidence being the Book of Mormon! I saw the Spirit Touch him as he accepted the invitation to allow us to come back and to read the Introduction of the Book of Mormon! 

I can't stress how much I KNOW that this is the Lord's work. As missionaries we're just the tools along for the ride. This is the Lord's Church and the Lord's Gospel and the Lord's work. Let the Lord do his will, it's a lot better plan than what we've got!

Jacob 7:14
14 And I said unto him: What am I that I should tempt God to show unto thee a sign in the thing which thou knowest to be true? Yet thou wilt deny it, because thou art of the devil. Nevertheless, not my will be done; but if God shall smite thee, let that be a sign unto thee that he has power, both in heaven and in earth; and also, that Christ shall come. And thy will, O Lord, be done, and not mine.

Love,
Elder Jensen

Oct. 24
Hahaha Missions are beautiful because you learn how to work hard and you learn and grow in so many ways but it's also beautiful because it comes to an end and you get to return to your family! Hahaha I'm definitely not ready to come home but I will be by the end of two years:) hahaha. I'm glad I've changed!

Man no fun! I was sick too this week! First time in the Mission though! Hahah that's great! How's their family? Wow! They're brave!

So yes Dr. Bingham was wondering if he could have the name of the doctor that did my procedures and all of his information so that he can get in contact with him so he can have all he information about the Cancer. So if you could send that to me tonight that would be much appreciated.  But he said everything looked normal! He gave me a prescription to go get my Scan so that's the next step! Yay. 

Also thank you so much for the Package! It came just in the right time! I was craving Oreos today but I didn't have the money in the account to do so! So great timing Mom:) thank you so much! I love you tons! I'm so happy I've got you for a Mommy! There's a cool Diamondbacks hat that I was wondering if I could buy... it could be a little Christmas Gift to myself?:) 

Love you!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment