Tuesday, August 29, 2017

11 WEEKS REMAINING; MESA, AZ

August 7, 2017



This week was an adventure. So I'm training Elder Olivera, he's from
Kansas City. He's been a convert of 3 years! He had his adult
life and he left it all to come on a mission! He's an example to me!
He loves to share his testimony with everyone and it's great.


Our ward is the Valencia Ward. It's about 25 square miles in the
middle of Mesa, so it covers a lot of ground. I'm definitely not used
to this huge ward. We divide it between 3 sets of Missionaries so we
cover about a third of that area. It's a little hard though because
the hispanics just aren't sitting outside their trailer or apartment
like I've been used to my mission. They all have pretty nice houses.
So it's a little harder to find. The ward is huge though! I think
there is around 300 that attend every Sunday! We contacted tons of
people! We only had like 6 people in our Investigator pool but
heavenly Father has blessed us so much! We have like tripled it and a
less active family we taught decided to go to church! Heavenly Father
really does bless us!

So last Tuesday as I was getting ready to move to the new area I got a
migraine. Haha it was the worst day to get a migraine. Because I had
to pack all my stuff and drive to my new area and pick up my trainee
and it was the worst. So I took a nap but it still didn't work, I took
medicine, nothing worked. So I prayed and I was like Heavenly Father,
I tired my best but I can't get rid of it. Please help me. Then I got
a blessing from Elder Parra and I felt the pain leave my body! It was
truly Amazing! A miracle. And the pain didn't come back. I know Faith
and Priesthood blessings are real.

Another experience! About two weeks ago I had this sore on my lip and
it hurt a lot! Hahha my companion told me to rub salt on it and it
would hurt a lot, but afterwards it would feel better. So I did it! It
burned sooo much! But afterwards it was great! Then the next day me
and my companion got into an argument about something and as I was
saying my nightly prayers I told Heavenly Father "I'm sorry Heavenly
Father i don't want to be mad at him, I don't want to be annoyed,
please help me" and I felt that I needed to apologize to him that I
got mad. Even though neither of us had offended each other we just
weren't agreeing on something. So I did it, and I felt so much relief!
I didn't feel annoyed or anything! I didn't want to eat my pride, but
as I did it made me feel so good. An amazing lesson learned!

Love you all! :)


So Gus will get home next week?? That's crazy! Goes by so fast. I
can't believe Brody is getting married. That's so crazy. Life is so
weird Mom. It's kinda sad it's never going to be the same after,
goofing around with the buddies probably won't happen. Haha :( When
does Spencer finish his mission??

I can't wait to meet those two puppies! And I hope I get to see my maisey
again! :) how are you doing mom? Are you happy? Spiritually ok?
I sure miss you and dad and the family. I love you guys so much.
Seriously the family and the gospel are the most important things in this life.

This last week was kinda hard for me. I think I've just been really
stressed from white-washing and training and the area is hard to find
people to teach. So I was kind of depressed and sad this last week.

I think I'm also getting a little homesick because all my friends are finishing their missions and it just makes me think of home a lot. And I miss you guys a lot. But Heavenly Father is blessing me a lot we've seen some crazy miracles and the Spirit has definitely been with us and we've been able to touch people's lives. Today I read a talk that helped me go forward (April 2012, mountains to climb) it talks about how trials help us grow closer to god and how it polishes us and makes us what Heavenly Father wants us to be. So I know this is what Heavenly Father wants me to do! There's times I just want to throw in the towel, but I can't. Just have to keep going. I never thought I would've felt this emotionally challenged this far into my mission! But thanks for allowing me to be able to share this with you. I love the gospel. I'm safe, healthy, and working on being Happy!

My comps name is Elder Olivera!

Love you mom! These next months will fly by!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment