Tuesday, August 29, 2017

8 WEEKS REMAINING; MESA, AZ

August 28, 2017

This week was pretty good! No complaints! So last week I mentioned
that a guy stopped us and asked us to visit him and he told us to
visit him! Well we did and he told us he's been inactive for a while
but that he wanted to make it back! So we visited him right before
Sacrament and we read with him in the Book of Mormon. Then he came to
church so that was good! So on a mission the cars we drive have a
certain amount of miles we can use... and we ran out. Hahaha so we
spent our weekend walking but we saw blessings! We found a member that
isn't on our record but he said he wanted to repent and come back!
Then, we found another member family that aren't on the Records! So we
saw some tons of blessings come as we were walking around! Truly we
have felt like the lord just wants us to work with the Members in our
area and talk with everyone and we've seen the lord doing his work! I
love this work!

This talk is really good! It's called converted to his gospel through
his church! I love this part.

Some have come to think of activity in the Church as the ultimate
goal. Therein lies a danger. It is possible to be active in the Church
and less active in the gospel. Let me stress: activity in the Church
is a highly desirable goal; however, it is insufficient. Activity in
the Church is an outward indication of our spiritual desire. If we
attend our meetings, hold and fulfill Church responsibilities, and
serve others, it is publicly observed.

By contrast, the things of the gospel are usually less visible and
more difficult to measure, but they are of greater eternal importance.
For example, how much faith do we really have? How repentant are we?
How meaningful are the ordinances in our lives? How focused are we on
our covenants?

I hope we can all become converted to the gospel not the church!
Because thats actually the thing of most importance. It's something
I've noticed on my mission that someone can go to church every Sunday
but not be totally converted! Conversion comes from the heart. It
comes from our desires. I love the question that preach my gospel
poses and it says "is your greatest hope to inherit the kingdom of
god?" Love you all! Have a fabulous week.

Oh man! THats bad! I'm super sorry to hear that mom! Hahahaha we could've been matching tooth buddies! That's good mom! Getting back into running shape! Me and Elder Olivera have been doing running and it feels so good. I've stopped lifting weights because I would randomly get pain in my joints. I think it was Heavenly Fathers way of telling me I was focusing on it too much. Hahha so now I just lift a little bit but we mostly run! That's awesome! We finally got rid of that gray carpet?! That's exciting! I love the new carpet smell. It is really hard to deal with  people are negative. It's hard because you can only influence you can't force people to change. Hahaha I would love to force some of these people we meet to embrace the gospel. But we can't. We just have to do our best to help them be better but ultimately they have to choose :)   Thanks for all you do for me Mom! Love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment