Tuesday, August 29, 2017

9 WEEKS REMAINING; MESA, AZ

August 21, 2017

This week was really good! Thursday night we had a guy come up to us
as we were walking into our apartment and ask us to visit up later in
the week. We went but he wasn't there.... but stay tuned folks! The
update will be coming in a later episode! Then on Wednesday, maybe it
was Thursday too... but we felt like we needed to visit a part Member
family. So we went and found the non member dad in tons of pain
because of a surgery he had. We gave him a blessing and he told us
that he was going to have his wife call someone from the Ward to give
him a blessing but he didn't because he didn't want to be a burden.
Then we showed up! It was clearly Heavenly Father guiding us! On
Monday we visited with a family that has been inactive for a long
time. The dad used to be an Elders Quorum President. But they talked
about how when they were in the gospel they still had different
problems but when they had the gospel they were still happy because
they knew Heavenly Father would take care of them. And it was sad to
see how they are but hopefully we can help them make it back. On the
mission tour we learned the Key to Joy! I wanted to share it with you
because I've seen it work!

Jesus
Others
You

As we put Heavenly Father and the gospel of Jesus Christ first in our
lives, then others, then ourself I KNOW we will experience happiness.
It's amazing how it works but I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus
Christ that gives me direction and truly gives me peace. I love My
Heavenly Father and the opportunity he gave me to be here. Love you
all!

Elder Jensen

Mommy! Yeah we were inside painting when that happened! Hahha didn't
even notice it! Could you tell a difference? That's awesome! They got
to speak the same day?! That's awesome! Hahha I bet she's busy!
Getting into school that fast has got to be crazy! He did remember
her!? Hahha that's so cool! In the picture Man Cub looks huge! What
happened!? He's a little boy. He's no toddler anymore.

Just like your quote you have on our wall going to the basement "Life
is to be enjoyed, not just endured" life is supposed to be happy!
That's why I smile. Hahha. For some reason 9 weeks sounds way far
away. Hahha but it is hard to not think about it. It's bitter sweet to
think about. I've absolutely loved my mission. Thinking back to the
times during the MTC and with all my companions. Definitely worth the
hardships and the amazing times! Part of me wishes I could start back
over from the MTC, but then the other have of me is like what the heck
are you talking about, you're tired as heck. Hahaha ;) it'll be good
to see you all again. I can't wait. :) but I still have a while! This
week we had the opportunity to have two seventies in our mission. We
learned about helping others understand the Book of Mormon so they can
feel the spirit and receive a witness that it is true. We tried it out
with an investigator and less active and both of them were so excited
to read more in the Book of Mormon and they said they felt the Spirit
very strong! Elder Wilson said he read the Book of Mormon like that
for a year with a man that said he wouldn't get baptized. And after
finishing the Book of Mormon he got baptized! And so I thought it was
something amazing that maybe some people in our family don't
understand! If they are willing, it would bless them with a testimony
immensely!

I'm doing good. I do think these last two months will be the hardest
though. Hahha because I, supposed to be an example of how to do
missionary work and be the driving force of everything we do, but also
every time we check the date I'm reminded I only have a little bit
left, Bens email helped me a lot. I'm just going to keep on doing my
best! How's Maisey? How are you? And the Brothers? Love you!:)

Elder Jensen


Temple Trip!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment