Friday, September 30, 2016

Week 47 - Mesa AZ

This week was a good one! We hit a cat with our car on accident hahah it was pretty graphic. We also met a pagan witch but she wasn't very interested. We also just met with a young family with a couple of twins! They said before hey get into baptism they want to attend regularly and read the Book of Mormon! But they stopped attending the churches and they want to meet with us and attend our church! We will be teaching the plan of salvation next! It'll be exciting! We alsways feel so much love in there and I feel like they are super prepared! 

We taught a lesson to the homies from Sinaloa. They have stopped coming to church.. But they told us they feel closer to us because they can open up to Elders but they didn't feel as close with the Sisters. We taught an older man in his 50's there. We taught repentance and it was so good! We read in Alma 32 with him and he was so excited, it's hard because the environment they live in is terrible! They all like to party and they won't come to church unless they all agree on it. Hahah I'm so excited for this next week! I can't wait to work hard with faith! I wanted to quote this from the General Conferene in April..

Most of you are familiar with Alice in Lewis Carroll’s classic novel Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. You will remember that she comes to a crossroads with two paths before her, each stretching onward but in opposite directions. As she contemplates which way to turn, she is confronted by the Cheshire Cat, of whom Alice asks, “Which path shall I follow?”


The cat answers, “That depends where you want to go. If you do not know where you want to go, it doesn’t matter which path you take.”


Unlike Alice, we know where we want to go, and it does matter which way we go, for the path we follow in this life leads to our destination in the next life.


May we choose to build up within ourselves a great and powerful faith which will be our most effective defense against the designs of the adversary--a real faith, the kind of faith which will sustain us and will bolster our desire to choose the right. Without such faith, we go nowhere. With it, we can accomplish our goals.

Something I have learned is how important goals are, without them we won't get anywhere. I know that our everyday decisions will determine where we end up! I'm sorry my emails aren't very good! We started playing basketball now and it's just so fun! Haha I love you guys so much! Stay strong! Choose to follow the spirit that leads you to do good!:)

My questions/comments are in red.


I hope you have had a good week!  How was church today?  What's the name of the ward you've been going to?   (I like to creep on you sort of, you know??)  Hey Mom! It was good! A little sad because we haven't been able to have anyone come to church in a couple of weeks, but we will work our hardest for that! We go to Liahona 4th! The building is on the corner of Mckellips and Stapley! Hahha hats what moms do! ;) 

Not too much has gone on here.  We had crazy storms hit us Thurs. and Fri.  There was a small tornado in Riverdale that damaged a couple of houses.  The wind was quite strong here, but no tornado.  It got literally as black as night at 4 p.m. because of the storm.  Got lots and lots of rain too.  What!? I'm so jealous! Hahaha that's amazing! Those are my favorite storms! A tornado!? Hats crazy! Someone else told me that there was one in Layton!?  Winter is on it's way, and so is your hump day!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!  Everytime I think about it, I get teensy bit teary thinking you've been gone a year and only have one more to go.  I cannot believe September is practically over!  It's crazy that I've almost been here for a year, Hahahha it's so crazy how the time is passing, I am really going to work as hard as I can because I can't get this time back! 

 Did I tell you that President Taylor is now is our ward?? Haha! No kidding!? You'll have to tell President Taylor I cover some of Lehi!This afternoon Becki, the little boys and I went for a small walk--Conner in his Ninja Turtle hoodie, and Austin in Conner's Spiderman outfit.  No, I did not have my superhero outfit on.  ;) Ah c'mon! You should've put on my Supermán one! Hahahhaha ;)   Thank you! Some times there is times when I need a little extra cash for things! You should save the care packages and then on xmas I was wondering if I could receive some really good basketball shoes, or money for them. My running shoes are starting to kick the Bucket haha. We play basketball for a couple of hours every P-Day! I love it! Oh i already put the reminder in for it tomorrow! It will be on its way! Don't you worry!:)

Austin now says, "hi naama."   (which means hi gramma.)  So stinkin' cute!  And he loves to chew gum and instantly notices if you are chewing some, then asks for it by saying, "num?"   He talks so much!  Conner is acting so much more grown up.  Tonight he fed the dogs for me by giving them each 2 scoops.  And he helps me by opening the door and letting the pups out, then calling them and having them come in.  What great kids!
I cannot believe he's talking. It will be crazy talking on Christmas and seeing what he's like! I love those little boys so much! I cannot wait to see them again in like 13 months. Mom I love you! You're the best mommy I could ask for!

 Sorry I'm bad at emailing! I'm going to attach mine to dad on here.

Hola papi! 

Way to go on the Lesson! How many are in the sumo sacerdotes!? I haven't read that talk! I'll have to look at it. Oh yeah! Dad I love the advice you gave to me, "forget yourself and go to work" even though it was originated with Gordon b Hinckley, it means a lot to me you said that. We had a white guy try to destroy our testimonies and it's hard trying to pour out your soul and have people treat you wrong because you're in a white shirt and tie. But there isn't time to dwell on it. My Heavenly Father has called me to be here and I will try to serve with my whole heart might mind and strength! I love the example you give me and I hope to have a baptism to report to you soon, love you dad. Keep up the great work!

Your son
 Elder Jensen
Enviado desde mi iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment