Thursday, June 23, 2016

Week 33 - Apache Junction AZ

Hey so sorry last week I was super lame! I'm going to be better at
emailing, but let's see what's happened recently... So I didn't know
they sent you an email when we were called to be district leaders or
whatever! Hahah that's funny. I was trying to add it to my list of
secrets in the mission;) just kidding. Hahaha um, so like half of our
English ward is in an old trailer park. Hahha and we were standing on
one of their yards and they were yelling at us to go away and one of
the ladies was like wait! And so she was like ok I will listen if I
can punch you as hard as I can in your stomach.. Hahaha she was really
big biker lady that probably could've beat me up.. Looking back on it
I should've said yes. Hahaha. Let's see... It's so hot! But I think
I'm getting used to just being sweaty and smelly. Oh a while ago we
helped this one lady clean out her parrot cages and stuff and I held
snakes... Sooo cool! It was awesome! I want to get a snake! Apparently
they are super low maintenance and pretty cheap!


Hahaha what else... Oh I went with Elder Moreno on an exchange to the
Reservation! Hahah it was like a 3 hour drive from our house! And the
church over there has like bulletproof glass and a fence around it. So
I've been to like the furthest part of the mission! I got to give an
awesome baptismal interview to a kid that's like 14 years old! It was
so amazing to see how he is so ready to accept the gospel! I asked "So
why do you want to get baptized?" And he was like well I just can't
wait to feel my sins washed away!" Hahahha good reason. I was like
what 14 year old is that prepared!? Wow! Such a good kid!


We also have been taking the priest aged kids out with us a lot and
they're loving it! They all say how they're excited to serve missions
next year! They're such awesome and good kids! But we found some solid
people! We found someone who said he would be baptized! But he can't
read, so we'll just have to read to him. And some one who said she
wants to come to church cause her daughter wants to learn about God
more! So awesome!


Last week, I had the opportunity to go on an exchange with one of the
AP's Elder Green, Such a good Elder! He taught me a lot. He was in my
first apartment out here! But he taught me a lot about the doctrine of
Christ! He included the doctrine of Christ in all of our teaching and
we found tons of people and we told them about baptism and just
focused it around all the lessons and it was so much more successful!
I love 3 Nephi 11 when Jesus Christ comes to the Americas and I just
want to share a couple scriptures from there!


37 And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and become as a little
child, and be baptized in my name, or ye can in nowise receive these
things.


38 And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and be baptized in my
name, and become as a little child, or ye can in nowise inherit the
kingdom of God.


39 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and whoso
buildeth upon this buildeth upon my rock, and the gates of hell shall
not prevail against them.


I would just like to share my testimony that if we stop holding onto
our problems or our challenges or our sins we will feel better! It's
not rocket science! The lord wants to forgive us! We just need to have
that hope and that love for God more than our fear of man. I know this
to be true, I have felt it so much in my mission, the atonement of
Jesus Christ is so real. We just have to believe and eat our pride and
become as a little child! Humility is key! And if we are humble we
will be made whole through Christ! I love this topic. Hahaha I have a
pretty strong opinion and I just know this to be true. I love you
family! Sorry I haven't been good at replying to emails! I will get
better! I love you all! Please be safe!


Jordy James



Dang... Week 33?? Hahahha that's crazy! That means I'm close to 1/3
done with my mission... What? Hahah where did the time go? Has it gone
by fast or slow for you or the family?:) yes! Hahaha it's like an un
real Hot! It's horrible! If I was on Bike I would be roasting right
now! But for me it's like bad, but then we just hop into our nice air
conditioned car:) yeah we still go out! We just bring extra water! A
lot of Elders are on Bikes! They just are baking in the sun. Hahaha.
So who knows hopefully I'll stay in a car for right now! I feel bad, I
should cherish that I have a family to write because some people don't
:( so please continue to send me emails! I will just plan ahead for
the time!:) if you sent me a questionnaire that would actually be
perfect! Yikes! Hahah I couldn't imagine that! I actually haven't been
burned since coming out here! So there's a blessing! I also haven't
been super sick, just like d_________ once. Sorry TMI haha.


I love you guys so much! I can't believe I'm so blessed with you all!
Sometimes I miss you a lot, but the time is flying like you said!
Before you know it the run will be at an end! Love you so much!:)

Jord!




No comments:

Post a Comment